Are you looking for a step-by-step guide to organizing your closet? Then we’ve got you all covered, pal! Millions around the world suffer from this problem. We get it if you have organized your closet a thousand times but all in vain! Because after a few months, it always ends up in the same condition.
You need to understand that organizing your closet is like a ‘process’. This process requires you to invest in it properly. We have five amazing ways that can help you organize your closet. After all, studies show that you feel at ‘peace’ after organizing your closet.
- Step 1: Go by Category!
A common mistake people commit is that they don’t organize their closets by category. This should be your first step while organizing your closet.
Separate your pants, shirts, skirts, shoes, and undergarments. When you do this, you’ll be able to see which clothes you need. This way you’ll be able to get rid of the clothes you don’t wear anymore.
If there are clothes that you don’t wear anymore, put them aside in a donation pile.
Note: Keep a ‘keeps’ pile while categorizing your clothes. The ‘donation’ pile is separate. Doing this will help you get rid of the clothes that are adding to clutter in your closet.
Why do we suggest categorizing your clothes?
Because your clothes are less likely to clutter when you know where each item belongs.
When you are looking for a top, you can just look for the section where you placed your tops. That’s how your closet won’t get cluttered again.
- Step 2: Dust Off Your Closet!
After you have followed step 1, you need to clean your closet. Take a duster and a surface cleaner. Use both to get any dirt off of the walls of your closet. And your shelves too!
You got a carpeted closet? That’s okay! Get your vacuum cleaner and clean everything from inside. This will help you remove any dirt left inside.
- Step 3: Decide Space for Each Category!
Go back to step 1 and list down the categories you made. Now you either make a sketch in your mind or decide where each category goes. This will help you put things from each category in the right place.
For example, you have decided to hang up the tops and shirts on the rod. And you have decided to put your socks, scarves, and belts in a drawer. One by one, just like this, you will assign each empty space to a specific place in your closet.
This step is comparatively easier because you already have done step 1.
Note: To buy wedding dresses online in Pakistan, click here! Or you can buy wedding wear online at affordable prices in Pakistan.
- Step 4: Hang Your Clothes on Matching Hangers!
The point of organizing your closet is to give it a clean and sleek look. Using matching hangers to do that can actually work.
You can purchase matching hangers online if you want! If not, go to your nearest departmental store and you’ll get matching hangers there.
Important tip: Hangers work great when you have to store heavy formals in your closet. To buy wedding dress online in Pakistan, contact your nearest designer now!
It is possible that if you get low-quality hangers, they might not support heavy dresses. So, you need to purchase hangers that are sturdy and strong. How can you make sure of that? By going to your nearest store and checking the strength of hangers before buying. In case you want to purchase hangers online, check reviews. This will help you ensure that the quality of hangers that you buy is actually good.
- Step 5: Make Sure That You Put Clothes According to Their Need!
Let’s suppose that you need some clothes on a daily basis. Such clothes should be placed at an eye-level. This will enable you to access them quickly without having to look for them. Here are a few tips that can help you further in organizing your clothes:
- Stack thick clothes. By ‘thick’ clothes we mean sweaters and sweatshirts. Such clothes should be folded and then put in stacks. Clothes of such sort can be put in place, rightly! That’s because they don’t slip or crinkle. You will also be able to differentiate them from one another this way. But if you want to hang them, that’s totally your choice.
- Put workout clothes in storage boxes. You should roll such clothes and then put them in storage boxes. This will help you save a great deal of space. But at the same time, you won’t have to look around to locate these clothes.
- Hang anything that’s delicate. Hanging such clothes can help you save yourself a lot of trouble. Usually, the clothes that are delicate, tend to crease easily. So, if you have such clothes you should hang them.
- Hang the clothes that you iron. This is not a trick but more of a reminder. Ironing clothes is hard. You don’t want your clothes to the crease after you have ironed them? Then, hang them so they stay ironed.
Following these tips would help you organize your closet properly. Sticking to them would make sure that your closet does not get disorganized.
You may also need to work on your habits to make sure that the closet does not mess up. You have to create a routine where you will need to feel responsible. For example, when you come back from work, don’t throw out your clothes in the closet. Instead, make time and place them in their place. Put the dirty clothes in the washer or where you put them.
Also, if you don’t have time after work to put your clothes in their right place, it’s okay. You can choose a day every week to put all the things in their right place. But in the end, effort from your end is needed no matter what.